TTCTwins

Trying for double!

Hi, I am new here and about to start ttct

If you're new to the site, please post a introduction. We'd love to get to know you!

Hi, I am new here and about to start ttct

Postby babybunny » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:36 pm

Hi there,

I've been lurking about for the past week. You seem incredibly nice and supportive so I decided to join.

I've secretly wanted twins for the last few years. My first child I conceived on cycle 3 without any fertility aid. We started ttc 8 months after birth and conceived easily but ended up having 3 mc's within a 9 months period. The doc believed it was due to chance (flu and chromosomal failure 2x) but possibly also due to inflammatory reaction. We took a break for 2 years bf trying again and then I didn't O. Doc believed it was due to stress bc of the previous mc's. He prescribed 50 mg clomid for CD5-9 and I conceived one baby on the first cycle. He also prescribed baby aspirin to be taken the cycle bf trying and up two 12 week pregnancy. I was able to keep on to the baby and my second daughter was born healthy. I had one small ovarian cyst throughout the pregnancy but it dissolved on it's own after birth.

I had vaginal births, first one at home and 1h54m from first contraction. Second 1h15m. Too quick for any pain relief but it was still horrible bc there were no gaps between contractions and they were so intense I couldn't even speak. But on the upside it was over almost before it began.

Both pregnancies were awful. I threw up the whole nine months and was so sick and tired that I was bedridden half the time. I lost 20 pounds. I had to take medications for nausea and once I had to have a shot bc I hadn't been able to hold anything down for days. I had a threatened labor due to dehydration too. I got permanent pelvic problems from them (too stretched out) and now fibromyalgia too, believed to have resulted from the difficult pregnancies.

I really want four children but I am hesitant to even try to conceive again because of all the miscarriages and the two difficult pregnancies. But I want more babies so much that I willing to give a shot once more. I would love to get twins bc then I'd only have to go through one more pregnancy instead of two. I know the symptoms are often worse with twins but I already know it's probably going to be a nightmare regardless so how much worse can it really get? Better to have two in one so I only have to go through it once more. If I don't conceive or miscarry or "only" get a singleton that might be it for me. I don't think I can handle it all over again.

So I'm pulling out the "big guns" the "natural" way before going to the doctor. I'm thinking for my protocol:

I already take prenatals
Soy isoflavones 200 mg CD3-7 (would 8-9 in addition be too much?)
(I can only get it as a menopausal vitamin mix, so it also has red clover, royal jelly and EPO)
Baby aspirin CD1-12 weeks pregnancy.
Folic acid 5 mg CD1-O and then wean off to normal dosage.
Vitamin B6+B12 CD1-BFP
Vitamin C, E, iron, omega 3, fish oil all days
EPO after soy iso to O.
My countries equivalent to cough medicine that also produces more cervical fluid CD1-O.

I can't get vitex or black cohosh here. The "FDA" banned them last fall and pulled them off the shelves for some reason they never declared. I can't get clomid or hCG shots without prescription here (illegal otherwise). I might ask my doctor for clomid if soy iso doesn't work, but I highly doubt I'll ever get a trigger shot.

I just got off the copper iud and I'm waiting for AF to arrive this weekend so I can start the protocol. I haven't tested if I've ovulated but I'm pretty sure I have on most cycles because I usually get both mittelschmerz and ovulation bleeding. Last december a functional ovarian cyst ruptured after intercourse, which resulted in bleeding for two weeks and 2 funky cycles afterwards. But the last 3 at least have been normal it seems.

What do you think of my protocol? Am I missing anything or doing too much of something? Should I take less of soy iso when I responded to 50 mg of clomid last time? I'm overweight now so I thought maybe I would need mire. As far as timing goes I'm thinking CD3-7 to increase chances of multiples but wondering if I should also do CD8-9 or rather CD5-9 to decrease chances of a miscarriage. I don't want to take too much and end up preventing ovulation. What do you think?
babybunny

Re: Hi, I am new here and about to start ttct

Postby 1901 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:32 pm

Where do you live that you can't get those herbs???
SUPPORT TTCTWINS.COM by using the code TTCTWINS16 at checkout to get 10% off at http://www.cassavashop.com, the only place to find the best sweet cassava supplements, organic, all-natural, non-GMO, vegan, kosher and halal herbal supplements! Sweet cassava and more!!
Site Admin

Postby babybunny » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:35 am

I live in Iceland. I can't even order vitamins or supplements, (herbal or no) online from abroad unless I have a licence. They are extremely strict here. It stinks but that's how it is. I wouldn't get arrested or anything. I would just get a fine. Where are you from?
babybunny

Postby Carlyp86 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:18 am

Hi & welcome!

Wow I can't believe they're that strict! Can't we sneak you some through ;)
Carlyp86

Postby Dreamingoftwins » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:24 am

Hello and welcome!
Dreamingoftwins

Postby 1901 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:18 pm

Oh wow. I can't say we have ever shipped to Iceland.
SUPPORT TTCTWINS.COM by using the code TTCTWINS16 at checkout to get 10% off at http://www.cassavashop.com, the only place to find the best sweet cassava supplements, organic, all-natural, non-GMO, vegan, kosher and halal herbal supplements! Sweet cassava and more!!
Site Admin

Return to Introductions