TTCTwins

Trying for double!

waiting to try (for now) but so excited!

If you're new to the site, please post a introduction. We'd love to get to know you!

waiting to try (for now) but so excited!

Postby Haley Wants Twins » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:01 pm

Hey, y'all! I've been lurking on this board for a few months now, and I thought it was finally time that I made my own account and said hello. :D

My story's a little bit different from most of yours. I don't have a husband, I have a life partner. She and I have been together for four and a half years, and we were very close friends for another five years before that. Because we're a same sex couple, we have a few extra hoops that we have to jump through - working out potential problems with custody, finding the right sperm donor, so on and so forth. But I have never had any problems with my cycle, and I come from a very, very fertile family :lol:, so hopefully as soon as we get started, it won't take long.

The decision to try for twins (or more!) came up about a year ago, when we first started talking seriously about having children. She had a lot of cousins close to her age growing up, and she loved always having someone to play with. I was the exact opposite, not having any cousins or siblings close to my age, and I always wanted a companion. Because none of our siblings have or want kids anytime soon, and I'm probably only going to be pregnant one time, we're really hoping for multiples. Built in friends!

(Plus, who doesn't love multiples, right?)

We're hoping to start trying within the next year, no later than that. Right now I'm taking folic acid, and planning to order some cassava root, so that they can both build up in my system. I'm also stalking all the successful protocols I can find to try and build my own.

Sprinkling all of you lovely ladies with double baby dust and can't wait to read more of your success stories! ;)
Haley Wants Twins

Re: waiting to try (for now) but so excited!

Postby fabforty » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:10 pm

Welcome Haley!

Protocol:
150 iu Gonal F - CD3 - positive opk then 6500 iu trigger
fabforty

Postby 2babywish » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:43 am

Welcome :)
>Folic acid (3x1600),Prenatal w/ dha, Fish oil (3x1000), Asa 81mg, Royal Jelly (3x500), Bee Pollen (2x550), Cassava (3x), coq10 (3x30)
>Evening primrose oil (3x1000/cd1-o), Black Cohosh (3x540/cd1-o), Bromelain (1500/1-5 DPO)

>Soy Iso (160mg cd1-2, 200mg cd3-5)Clomid 100mg (cd5-9)
2babywish

Postby shimmyglider » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:40 pm

Welcome and GL!
shimmyglider

Postby Reba82 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:21 am

Welcome and best of luck to you. You'll find all the support you can ask for here :-)
Reba82

Return to Introductions