TTCTwins

Trying for double!

HELLO LADIES!!/Question/Scared!!/Excited!!!

If you're new to the site, please post a introduction. We'd love to get to know you!

HELLO LADIES!!/Question/Scared!!/Excited!!!

Postby Secretlywanting2 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:28 pm

Hello ladies! I have been lurking for quite a while now and since I will finally be actively TTCT, I thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Ali and I'm 25, married and we have a 15month old baby boy. We started TTC #2 when he was about 10 months old and when I went 5 months with only one period, we decided to go see my OB. We found out that I have PCOS and I am not ovulating on my own, so she prescribed Clomid (1st round 50mg, 2nd 100mg, both unsuccessful). Fast forward to now, I am on day 5 of cycle #3 and I will start Clomid tonight. I will also add a 5,000 IU trigger by HUCOG. I got it from Escrow refills because my OB doesn't prescribe injectables and I'm not being monitored. Which brings me to my fear, I am a little afraid of having more than twins. My husband is on board with everything, he knows the chance of twins but he is not ok with the thought of Triplets or more. AGH! I keep reminding myself that there is still a really low chance that we will conceive twins, and 1 percent chance of more but I'm still a little scared! Anyway, I feel like I'm rambling or about to start, so I will move on to my protocol and say that I am really excited to be here. I'm so happy to have found other ladies who want twins just as much as I do!

PROTOCOL - Is pretty simple and would love some recommendations if you have any.

Before O-

100mg Clomid CD5-9
Lot's of Sunlight
Lot's of water
Preseed and Robitussin
5,000 IU Trigger when I get a positive OPK (Or should it be before I get a Positive?) / I'm also really close to 5'8" and 175-180 pounds
Do you think I should use 10,000 IU or just stick with the 5,000 IU? I have two 5,000 IU vials.

After O-

Pineapple core

Everyday-

Prenatal's
1600mg of extra Folate
B6 and B12 vitamins

Thank you so much for any suggestions and I can't wait to get to know you all!
Secretlywanting2

Re: HELLO LADIES!!/Question/Scared!!/Excited!!!

Postby Secretlywanting2 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:18 pm

Another question! On my HCG box it says to inject intramuscular..How did you ladies use it? and what type of needles should I buy?
Secretlywanting2

Postby 2babywish » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:24 pm

Welcome :) i also just joined in but i feel at home. I'm also planning on using a 5000iu trigger, would be fine with triplets...i dont really know if a 10000 iu trigger would make a bigger chance of multiples but look foward learning everyday a little more from this forum;)
>Folic acid (3x1600),Prenatal w/ dha, Fish oil (3x1000), Asa 81mg, Royal Jelly (3x500), Bee Pollen (2x550), Cassava (3x), coq10 (3x30)
>Evening primrose oil (3x1000/cd1-o), Black Cohosh (3x540/cd1-o), Bromelain (1500/1-5 DPO)

>Soy Iso (160mg cd1-2, 200mg cd3-5)Clomid 100mg (cd5-9)
2babywish

Postby Secretlywanting2 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:59 am

2babywish wrote:Welcome :) i also just joined in but i feel at home. I'm also planning on using a 5000iu trigger, would be fine with triplets...i dont really know if a 10000 iu trigger would make a bigger chance of multiples but look foward learning everyday a little more from this forum;)

Hi, nice to meet you! I will be happy with whatever God gives us, but it will definitely take a while to wrap my head around triplets! I know my husband would probably never get use to the idea lol. Twins run in my family ALOT!! and when I told my mother I would have to take Clomid, she said " OMGyou know twins run in our family! You're going to end up with triplets! Why would you want that?!?!" lol I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens!

Where do you plan on buying your trigger and what brand?
Secretlywanting2

Postby Aidensmommy5 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:33 am

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!!! THis is a great community. You are in the right place for TTC Twins. No judgement here.

To answer some of your questions. I would only do a 5000 trigger and then do a booster of 5000 again at around 2-4days past ovulation. With clomid as soon as you get a positive OPK more than 3 days after your last dose of clomid. Clomid may affect your opk results so dont count anything until after the 3 days of stopping it.

As far as your fear of getting triplets. Very unlikely. Your body picks a dominant follicle around cd8 and will usually only ovulate that one follicle. With the trigger you will release all of your eggs but usually there is only 1-3 follicles. Even if you do get 3 follicles it is still only a small chance that all three will be of great quality, fertilize and then implant. More likely to have one or two. Statistics are higher for twins on Clomid so your chances of having twins is increased to like 20 percent i believe.

Since you are being monitored you will be able to see how many follicles develop and the size of each one, This will help you; If you see more than 2 or 3 follicles that are a good size then you can choose to cancel that cycle and try again. Though this would not be my choice as it is your goal to get at least 2 good follicles. You do have less to worry about though since this will not be blind guessing like so many of us are doing.

In case you end up being the rare one consider it a blessing; You and your husband will love the third baby just as much! Or you can choose to reduce . That is a very hard decision to make but for some this option helps to go ahead with more than 2 follicles.

I had 2 monitored cycles with injectables and Developed a total of 20 follicles each time. My dr allowed me to trigger all of them and I did not get pregnant with any of them. SO It doesn't always mean that you will even have one baby! TO this day, I don't know what he was thinking! I wasn't even thinking I would get pg with more than one because he did not raise the issue at all. Ended up pregnant on a following cycle in which I was taking a break from the meds as I had OHSS during both medicated cycles.

What I would suggest you consider is taking soy isoflavones for at least 3-5 days before or after your clomid days. This will help reduce the drying up of cervical mucous that Clomid does as well as increase the days you are stimulating your ovaries. One RE did his own study and using soy isoflavones in the same cycle as clomid actually increased pregnancy rates and decreased miscarriages. It was a very compelling study. In each category he was testing the women who took clomid plus the soy isoflavones did much better with better outcomes. DId not need as much Progesterone supplementation, if at all etc.

If you took clomid the previous cycle you do have an increased chance of releasing another egg this cycle. SO it could be twins!
I have a ? When do you usually ovulate? How has having PCOS affected your cycles. DId you have any problems with conceiving your first?

Hope this is your BFP TWINs Month!!
cycle 2
CD1-5 Soy 240mg cd5-8 Gonal F 75mg CD9-12 Gonal F 112.5mg Pos OPK Trigger with 6500HCG; 2-6DPO Bromelain 1500mg, Folic Acid 3000mg Everyday, Progesterone 10DPO-14DPO) CD1-16 1 16 oz glass PGFJ daily.
Cycle 3
CD3-14 Gonal F 75mg Pos OPK; Dual Trigger with HCG/Lupron
Aidensmommy5

Postby Secretlywanting2 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:02 pm

Hi Aidensmommy!!! Thank you so much for all the info and kind words. I'm actually not being monitored right now, but I forgot to mention, I will have my first RE appointment on September 2 (CD19). I'm hoping that they will give me a ultrasound so I can see how many eggs have developed, but I might ovulate before then. So, I will be doing this blind! I already know they won't be able to do much until my next cycle but we don't want to waste anymore time(last cycle was 68 days long).

Most of my cycles are anovulatory but if I do, I can ovulate anywhere from CD 14-30. I'm temping this cycle so I'm hoping that will show me whats going on. I have had irregular cycles since I started at age 12. I finally asked a doctor why at the age of 15, and they would only say to wait until I was 18 for my cycles to regulate or try to put me on birth control. I knew something was wrong because my friends and family members got their cycle every month or close to it, and I would go 3 months without mine. It took us a little over a year to get pregnant with our first ,so thats why we started trying for #2 so early. This time someone on Babycenter had mentioned they had irregular cycles and found out they had PCOS, so I made an appointment with my OB, and sure enough I was textbook PCOS.

About the Iso, should I still take it even though I started Clomid on CD 5? Also, where do you buy it, and what exactly do I look for? I have heard there are different types, and I would like to make sure I'm getting the right one.

Thank you!
Secretlywanting2

Postby 2babywish » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:12 pm

Secretlywanting2 wrote:
Hi, nice to meet you! I will be happy with whatever God gives us, but it will definitely take a while to wrap my head around triplets! I know my husband would probably never get use to the idea lol. Twins run in my family ALOT!! and when I told my mother I would have to take Clomid, she said " OMGyou know twins run in our family! You're going to end up with triplets! Why would you want that?!?!" lol I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens!

Where do you plan on buying your trigger and what brand?

I would be happy with whatever. If twins run in your family you already have better odds of conceiving twins, in my family i have none, dh family has but my doctor told me only if it comes from the mother's side.
About the trigger, i found a Pregnyl online, actualy quite a few sites selling it. But might just chicken iut...i hate needles:(
But best of luck to us, we do what we can, the rest is in God's hand:)
>Folic acid (3x1600),Prenatal w/ dha, Fish oil (3x1000), Asa 81mg, Royal Jelly (3x500), Bee Pollen (2x550), Cassava (3x), coq10 (3x30)
>Evening primrose oil (3x1000/cd1-o), Black Cohosh (3x540/cd1-o), Bromelain (1500/1-5 DPO)

>Soy Iso (160mg cd1-2, 200mg cd3-5)Clomid 100mg (cd5-9)
2babywish

Postby Reba82 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:31 pm

Welcome :-)
Reba82

Postby 1901 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:04 pm

Welcome to the club!!!

Have you considered evening primrose oil and cassava?
SUPPORT TTCTWINS.COM by using the code TTCTWINS16 at checkout to get 10% off at http://www.cassavashop.com, the only place to find the best sweet cassava supplements, organic, all-natural, non-GMO, vegan, kosher and halal herbal supplements! Sweet cassava and more!!
Site Admin

Postby MissMarnie » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:02 am

Welcome secretly wanting :)

How did you go with RE appointment did they do an ultra sound?
MissMarnie

Next

Return to Introductions