[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
TTCTwins • View topic - Getting Started... (The Research)

TTCTwins

Trying for double!

Getting Started... (The Research)

Anything relating to herbal supplements should be posted here.

Getting Started... (The Research)

Postby WRTwins_30 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:32 am

Hey Everyone!

So, I've been researching TTCT for a while now and this time next year DH and I will begin TTCT!!! I'm no expert and I have lots of questions! Right now I'm on a pill form of BC and I want to know if theses ingredients are all ok to be taken together & when I should start what... (Soy Iso - I was thinking Days 3-7, Folic Acid, Strong Prenatal, Cassava Root, & perhaps Primrose?!?) I want a simple yet strong protocol - as this will be our first EVER pregnancy.

At what point should I start taking what? I know I should Start the Cassava Root a few months before...

Should I start my protocol before I end my BC? I have read that there is a higher % of Twins while on BC. Should I start my protocol the month before I stop my BC?

Cycle Days... This may be a silly question but is Day 1 considered 1st day of AF or 1st day after AF?

What is all this talk of DPO and what do the numbers mean?!? It's a little over my head...

We would love B/G Twins or B/B Twins!! Looking forward to starting the journey!
Me(32) DH(32)

TTCT Protocol: went out the window but is still displayed below
Daily: Rainbow Light Prenatal One ● Sweet Cassava ● Vitamin B6 ● Folic Acid ● Fish Oil
CD 2-7 Soy Iso
AF-O Evening Prime Rose
Basal Thermometer Testing for O

❄️⛄️Due February 1, 2018⛄️❄️
WRTwins_30

Re: Getting Started... (The Research)

Postby WRTwins_30 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:06 pm

Also, What's the best way to convince your OBGYN to prescribe you clomid for "egg quality?"
Me(32) DH(32)

Daily: Rainbow Light Prenatal One ● Sweet Cassava ● Vitamin B6 ● Folic Acid ● Fish Oil
CD 2-7 Soy Iso
AF-O Evening Prime Rose

WRTwins_30

Postby babybunny » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:01 pm

Hi! I'm new here too. Welcome! From what I've read the highest chance should be the cycle when you go off the BC pill, not necessarily when you keep taking it. It's the suddenly not taking it that makes the hormones a bit wacky. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'd say start soy iso and EPO the first cycle ttc but the rest a few months before. You could add raspberry leaf tea as a uterine tonic starting a few months prior too. There is no point in taking soy iso while on the pill because it would be counteractive. EPO increases the cervical mucus, so maybe not necessary before ttc, but there is no harm in it and EPO has many benefits besides being good for fertility, such as improving cognitive function. AF is the first day of menstrual flow and it counts as CD1. DPO means days past ovulation.

Good luck!
babybunny

Postby WRTwins_30 » Mon May 11, 2015 10:45 pm

Is there only certain days I should take EPO? Kind of like the Soy ISO?
Me(32) DH(32)

CD 2-7 Soy Iso
AF-O Evening Prime Rose

WRTwins_30

Postby MamaBearof4 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:11 am

From what I've read EPO should be taking AF - O. As for the soy I'm not sure, I'm going to try the clomid way. Also if you ask for OB/GYN for clomid you shouldn't take soy with it cause they cancel each other out. Good luck!
Daily: Prenatal, Folic Acid, Calcuim, Magnesium, & Zinc (trying to sway girl)

CD 1-12 black cohosh
CD 2-6 clomid 50mg
CD 1-O cranberry juice (sway girl, DH too)

BD CD 11(x2), 12, 14, 15(x3)
O'd CD16

BFP on 9dpo!

DS Nov 2008
DD Aug 2011
DS Nov 2012
DS Jan 2014

MamaBearof4

Postby WRTwins_30 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:46 am

I did know NOT to take Soy ISO and Clomid together...
However, when I do go in to see my Dr. If she is willing to prescribe me Clomid I would rather try that than the Soy ISO. Is the Folic Acid something you take daily or only on certain cycle days?? We will be TTCTWINS starting May/June 2016 we were going to start this May/June but for financial reasons (we bought a house!) we decided to wait another year.

So here is what I'm thinking:

In a few months Sept 2015 start taking Cassava Root daily
In Jan 2016 start introducing the Folic Acid, prenatal vitamin, B6/12

CD 1 til O - EPO
CD 3-7 Soy Iso OR Clomid (whichever I can get)
Daily - FA, Prenatal, Cassava, & B6/12

Any thoughts or changes I should make?
Me(32) DH(32)

CD 2-7 Soy Iso
AF-O Evening Prime Rose

WRTwins_30

Postby Dreamingoftwins » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:54 am

I'm pretty sure Clomid and SI don't cancel each other out. They do the same thing. I know Vitex (like Chasteberry etc) is not recommended with clomid/si though... That seems to be where most people get confused.

On your protocol I would add in Bromelain from 1-5DPO... But other than that it looks pretty good!
Dreamingoftwins

Postby WRTwins_30 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:16 pm

Is Bromelain over the counter? And what does it do?
Me(32) DH(32)

CD 2-7 Soy Iso
AF-O Evening Prime Rose

WRTwins_30

Postby Dreamingoftwins » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:35 pm

You can normally get it in health stores... Or if not you could eat a slice of pineapple core instead. It helps with implantation and is a mild blood thinner which is why you shouldn't take too much or do it before you O.
Dreamingoftwins

Postby 1901 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:12 pm

DON'T take clomid and soy isoflavones together. Nope. Bad idea.

However, you can use black cohosh with clomid to reduce the side effects of clomid (like low cervical mucous) that could impede conception. Here's more on that:

http://ttctwins101.com/blackcohoshclomid.html
SUPPORT TTCTWINS.COM by using the code TTCTWINS16 at checkout to get 10% off at , the only place to find the best sweet cassava supplements, organic, all-natural, non-GMO, vegan, kosher and halal herbal supplements! Sweet cassava and more!!
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Herbal Supplements